The mission of the South Carolina Society of Ophthalmology is to serve the best interests of the people of this great state by delivering the highest quality of total eye care and serving the overall medical needs of the citizens. We are dedicated to serving the patients and the public though public and professional education, staunch legislative advocacy and extensive membership services. The South Carolina Society of Ophthalmology is focused on and dedicated to guaranteeing the rights of the public of this state to the direct access to the eye, visual health and overall medical care of an ophthalmologist licensed in South Carolina.
The South Carolina Society of Ophthalmology is the LEADER in promoting vision health as well as direct access to quality, accessible and affordable total eye care by ophthalmologists for the citizens of this great state.
An Invitation to You
As you visit the SCSO web site and other public sources, we strongly URGE and INVITE you to learn more about the extensive medical school education and specialized medical training of an ophthalmologist (EYE-MD) in our delivery of vision, medical and surgical eye care. We hope by doing so you will develop a better understanding and appreciation as to why the ophthalmologist (EYE-MD) is truly the most highly educated and medically trained provider of routine eye examinations as well as medical or surgical care for eye diseases or elective surgical procedures. Please contact us directly for further information on the valuable services available from the EYE-MDs of South Carolina.
Maintaining The Highest Standards for Eye Care in South Carolina Since 1976
- American Academy of Ophthalmology State Political Action for Patient Advocacy Champion, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
- National Executive Director of The Year 2001 and 2009
- Executive Director Surgeons by Surgeons Award - AAO State Affairs in 2013
- Executive Director Special Recognition Award 1998, 2004, 2010, and 2013
- State Public Information for Programs/Director of The Year 2003
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Model State Society Award, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001(retired)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Special Recognition Award, 1998, 2003, 2004
- American Academy of Ophthalmology State Defender of Quality Eye Care, 2000, 2001, 2003